Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Rain On Me

 Over the past several days, we had been experiencing some pretty good rain storms. Due to the contours of the asphalt in front of our garage door, a nice-sized puddle had formed. Seeing an oppertunity here, I took out my camera with the Macro lens and set up the tripod. Here's a sample of those images.







When editing the images, I did not find it necessary to do a lot of digital enhancement. All I had to do was just increase the contrast of the images slightly. And that was about it. Then, I just cropped the images to a 16:10 format. I love it when nature does all the work and creates these beautiful images in front of my lens. I just hold up my camera and capture what life presents to me. What could possibly be both more simple and satisfying at the same time?

About an hour after I captured the previous images, the rain returned with a fleeting downpour. I couldn't just stand and watch it. So, I set up the camera on the tripod again and captured some more images using very high shutter speeds. And, yes. These are all color images.




Then, as quickly as the rain had arrived. It was gone. Before I closed my garage door, I looked down where the concrete meets the asphalt. There it was. Just waiting for me. A dried leaf with beads of water resting on the surface. I felt as though it was calling to me. So. I indulged once again.



No comments:

Post a Comment